Last year hundreds of supporters across the country joined us and Walked In Her Name. Over 23 million steps were taken, 11,560 miles were walked, and £50,000 was raised towards scientific research and awareness work. But this year we can do more. And we want you to join us. Together, we can walk towards a world where no woman dies of ovarian cancer.
What is Walk In Her Name?
Overcoming ovarian cancer is about working together. So this year, we are asking you to join forces and organise a walk in the name of a loved one who has or has had ovarian cancer.
Get your family and friends together, and organise a walk in your local area. Your walk can be anything from a stroll in the park, to a mountain trek! You can pick your own route, and a day that suits you best – it’s really up to you!
March is Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month, and a great time to hold your walk. But you can Walk In Her Name whenever and wherever you want. Just don’t forget to let us know what you’re planning!
How to organise your own #WalkInHerName
- Register your Walk In Her Name
- Gather your team of walkers
- Choose a route and a day
- Ask everyone in your group to create an online giving page.
- Ask for sponsorship – you can download a sponsorship form here
- If you need any help at all email Beatrix@ovarian.org.uk or call 020 7380 1730 – we’re here to help!
- Download t-shirt posters for your walk
- Share your photos! Tag us on Facebook, use the hashtag #WalkInHerName on Twitter and Instagram or email Beatrix@ovarian.org.uk
To find out more about Walk In Her Name and how to organise you own walk, read our step by step guide here.
My Weekly is the official media partner of Walk In Her Name.
Register your #WalkInHerName
Register your details to receive your free #WalkInHerName fundraising pack, containing lots of information on how to organise your walk, fundraising ideas and tips, and t-shirt posters.